Do i need a DAC for Beyer T90 with A20 Amp ? Do i need dac with this combo ? if yes then why
Feb 18, 2016 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

OmidelF

100+ Head-Fier
Do T90 requires DAC if i mainly listen to 320 mp3's ? also how much difference is there between having a dac and not having it

also is the beyerdynamic A20 , amp and dac ? or only amp ? 

and where can i get a better formats than 320 mp3's ? like is there a software like spotify for high end formats ? also does it make any difference if i listen to 320 compared to other high end formats with my T90 + A20 amp if i mainly listen to rap and hip hop and pop , dance ?

my mainboard's soundcard : Creative Labs SoundCore3D

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 6
The Beyerdynamic T90 is 250-Ohm, so some type of headphone amplifier would be recommended.
Do you own the Beyerdynamic A20 or or planning on buying one?
It would really help to know what sources for audio, you are using?
Assuming the source is a computer?
Check out the Audio-GD NFB-11, DAC/amp.
About $410 to have it arrive at your front door.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 6
  The Beyerdynamic T90 is 250-Ohm, so some type of headphone amplifier would be recommended.
Do you own the Beyerdynamic A20 or or planning on buying one?
It would really help to know what sources for audio, you are using?
Assuming the source is a computer?
Check out the Audio-GD NFB-11, DAC/amp.
About $410 to have it arrive at your front door.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm

the source is my computer , M.B : 
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming GT LGA1151​

and no i don't have a20 yet , and the amp that you mentioned is not available where i live and shipping cost is high​

the other good options are A200 , FiiO e12 , e17 , e18 ​

so since a20 doesn't have dac , do i even need it ? my Mainboard is very high end don't you think the onboard DAC is enough ?​

also when do i even need DAC ? only when i hear noise from computer or what ? ( again my computer is very high end without any noise or problem so i don't think i would have any problem with A20 and T90 without any dac , would i ? )​

ALSO , in my mainboard's website  : ​
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5515#ov

what's with that USB DAC-UP part ( just search for DAC to find it )? does that mean it already has a good DAC with it or what ? can you explain ? 

it says this : 

Clean, low-noise power for your Digital-to-Analog Audio converter 

GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in pGIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.ower from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible 

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 6
   the source is my computer , M.B : 
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming GT LGA1151​
and no i don't have a20 yet , and the amp that you mentioned is not available where i live and shipping cost is high​
the other good options are A200 , FiiO e12 , e17 , e18 ​
so since a20 doesn't have dac , do i even need it ? my Mainboard is very high end don't you think the onboard DAC is enough ?​
also when do i even need DAC ? only when i hear noise from computer or what ? ( again my computer is very high end without any noise or problem so i don't think i would have any problem with A20 and T90 without any dac , would i ? )​
ALSO , in my mainboard's website  : ​
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5515#ov
what's with that USB DAC-UP part ( just search for DAC to find it )? does that mean it already has a good DAC with it or what ? can you explain ? 
it says this : 
Clean, low-noise power for your Digital-to-Analog Audio converter 
GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in pGIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.ower from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible 

Where do you live?
Audio-GD can usually ship from their Hong Kong offices, to just about any place in the world.

Your motherboard comes with the Creative Labs SoundCore3D audio processor, which uses it's own built in DAC function, while decent, something like the Asus Xonar DX sound card or Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card should be an improvement.
The SB-Z also comes with a SoundCore3D audio processor, but also comes with a CS4398 DAC chip, the CS4398 provides the DAC function for the (amplified) headphones jack and Front speaker jack :)

A low cost combo would be the Xonar DX sound card (used is fine), to provide a good DAC function.
and the FiiO a3 (E11K) headphone amplifier.

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 6

Where do you live?
Audio-GD can usually ship from their Hong Kong offices, to just about any place in the world.

Your motherboard comes with the Creative Labs SoundCore3D audio processor, which uses it's own built in DAC function, while decent, something like the Asus Xonar DX sound card or Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card should be an improvement.
The SB-Z also comes with a SoundCore3D audio processor, but also comes with a CS4398 DAC chip, the CS4398 provides the DAC function for the (amplified) headphones jack and Front speaker jack :)

A low cost combo would be the Xonar DX sound card (used is fine), to provide a good DAC function.
and the FiiO a3 (E11K) headphone amplifier.

but i still don't get about the USB-DAC UP part of my motherboard's description , does that mean it will make the dac that i connected to it work better , or it has a built in DAC that works really good ? i mean i don't wanna spend like 200 , 300$ just for 5% difference that i might not even notice 

also what about the A20 with T90 ? does it need dac or not  ? is it a good pair ?? if it does need dac , then explain why please because i still don't know i need DAC with a20 or not ??? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back