Do I even need an A/V receiver if all audio is routed via smart TV
Mar 19, 2020 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted to upgrade smart TV sound for a small city apartment living room 10 ft X 7.5 ft.
Soundbars seemed like the best form factor and i did tons of research, even heard my friends new soundbar..but sound really lacked..they mask poor sound with all these digital sound processors.
finally decided on klipsch 2.0 powered active speakers with bluetooth..with ability to add subwoofer late.
Wondering if i made the best move as I wanted best of clutter-free simple purchase but with best balanced sound outcome. primary use: movies, secondary use: music & gaming.

Am I missing a lot if I dont get passive speakers with a modern smart wifi/bluetooth a/v receiver?

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 3
I wanted to upgrade smart TV sound for a small city apartment living room 10 ft X 7.5 ft.
Soundbars seemed like the best form factor and i did tons of research, even heard my friends new soundbar..but sound really lacked..they mask poor sound with all these digital sound processors.
finally decided on klipsch 2.0 powered active speakers with bluetooth..with ability to add subwoofer late.
Wondering if i made the best move as I wanted best of clutter-free simple purchase but with best balanced sound outcome. primary use: movies, secondary use: music & gaming.

Am I missing a lot if I dont get passive speakers with a modern smart wifi/bluetooth a/v receiver?

What you have currently will work, but you might find more dropouts and potentially bandwidth limitations in bluetooth than wifi. An AVR/wired connection will be more stable and an AVR will give you access to features like Room EQ.

Wireless will give you convenience
Wired will give you a higher ceiling for performance

Mar 19, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 3
What you have currently will work, but you might find more dropouts and potentially bandwidth limitations in bluetooth than wifi. An AVR/wired connection will be more stable and an AVR will give you access to features like Room EQ.

Wireless will give you convenience
Wired will give you a higher ceiling for performance
I am gonna use optical out to connect the speakers with TV. the bluetooth is just for alexa.

I am not a fan of wireless.
Samsung TV does have inbuilt EQ but i have always been the EQ OFF guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back