Do I connect my amp via line-out or pre-out?
Dec 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ahzari

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi'ers,

I purchased a peachtree audio decco2 hybrid tube/ss amp with ESS Sabre dac.. I'm not crazy about the headphone out, so I'm thinking about purchasing a Woo Audio WA6 and bypassing the amp in the peachtree...

My question, do I connect my amp via line-out or pre-out? I currently have a powered sub connected to the pre-out (for when I'm listening to music with my speaker set-up) and the line out isn't being occupied by anything. I'm hoping the WA6 would be connected to the line out via some RCAs cause I wouldn't need the volume control form the peachtree anymore as the Woo has its own volume knob..

Thanks for the help.

Image of the back of my unit:

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't own the peachtree but the line out is probably a constant volume output and the pre-out signal is controlled by the onboard volume knob. In this case you would want to use line out for the woo.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I don't own the peachtree but the line out is probably a constant volume output and the pre-out signal is controlled by the onboard volume knob. In this case you would want to use line out for the woo.

thanks for the reply.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 4
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back