Do Hi-Fi quality travel size speakers exist?
Sep 28, 2021 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BnGMurphy

New Head-Fier
I travel all the time, have a nice Hi-Fi at home and listening to it is one of the best things about going home. But traveling I just use the Bluetooth speakers by the likes of JBL. Since recently discovering places like this forum and Hi-Fi via my phone with a DAC AMP and good IEMs/headphones, the JBL speakers sound even worse.

Can you think of anything that would be suitable to consider?

Ideally under 1KG as that is the weight of my JBL charge and I left it at home this time as it wasn't worth the weight and bulk for the average sound quality. I don't need loud, just good natural sound with rich bass. Price-wise a couple of hundred bucks, less is best. But I am prepared to pay more if need be as I travel so much, but have had lost luggage before and don't do travel insurance. I have looked at all the cheapish Bluetooth options from Sonos, Sony etc... in comparison videos and they all seem fairly compareable. They generally have features I don't need like being waterproof, 360 degree sound and being hard wearing. Sound isn't the only concern for them.

I don't need Bluetooth, but it would be useful at times. Batteries are a plus but not essential. A mini Hi-Fi system would be fine. I have seen the little amps online but not any little speakers. The only small speakers I can think of are PC speakers, but they seem to be all about gaming. I would prefer a natural, realistic sound. Or a single portable speaker which is very good would be nice. Or maybe I just need to get 2 of the mid range Bluetooth speakers as that really makes a difference.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, even just pointing me in the right direction to look. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back