Do headphones/IEMs go on sale on black friday?
Sep 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sullane

New Head-Fier
I'm asking because I have not been into audio since the last one, and I can afford to wait two and a half months if it means that the DT660s, RE-400s, or HF5s go on sale. Thanks :D

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Let's say yes and no. You could get a few headphones cheaper, but if you're going to buy a pair you're planning to stick in your ears hoping it last long, so should consider pick what you really want and not what the market tells you to buy. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 4
Oh yeah, I really want to get the Beyer 660s for my step dad while having a pair of good isolating IEMs (which is why I'm looking at the HF5's and perhaps the RE400s). I just figured if I could wait and save even ten dollars it might be nice.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 4
If you are fond of reading and want to understand how much "deals and free" actually cost get this book: Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely. You'll be surprised.

If you're looking for cheap headphones check periodically the sales forum (a lot of users buy headphones and after a few days or weeks sell them for 10-20% less) and subscribe to the deals thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/678077/the-deals-thread-iii-read-the-first-post  

Keep always in mind: Ten dollars not worth your time and effort searching for deals. Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back