Do headphones ever give you migraines or headaches?
Jul 8, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #16 of 22
Not with my HD650. in fact, a good hour or two decompressing to music, and most of my stress related headaches go away
biggrin.gif

the only headphone that ever gave me a headache was the GS1000... and i sold that rather quickly.

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #18 of 22
Extremely painful ones. I feel as though my eyes are going to explode, and I actually go and check to see if blood is oozing from my tear ducts. The pain travels down to my jaw, and reminds me of the time I had impacted wisdom teeth hacked out - while I was still awake.

The pain is so great that I tense up in my shoulders which actually causes a muscular headache as well as spasms in my traps.

Whenever my wife calls me a coward and a wimp, I put my headphones on and listen to 1980's rap music just to show her how high my pain threshold really is.

May 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #19 of 22
I just bought a pair ATH-M50 I really love everything with them except one thing: They give me this weird almost instant headache concentrated to the top of my head when I use them. I don't think it comes from the sides or the volume (I know the difference, 'cus I have gotten that from more tight headphones as well). This is really annoying 'cus all the reviews tell how comfortable they are, people can seem to wear them for hours etc etc...
My head is a bit big so I suppose it is from the fact that when I adjust them bigger the pressure gets put on just the top of my head... Before I had these crappy Skullcandy Lowrider and when they are not as big/heavy they didn't cause this problem at all... However, a lot of people say that you can get used to this kinda stuff as well and I have just had them for two days... What do you think? Should I send them back (I got less than a week to do so) and try for example AKG K-601 (too bad I hate their design...) or just hope I get used to the pressure. Today they gave me less headache than yesterday... 

May 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:
I just bought a pair ATH-M50 I really love everything with them except one thing: They give me this weird almost instant headache concentrated to the top of my head when I use them. I don't think it comes from the sides or the volume (I know the difference, 'cus I have gotten that from more tight headphones as well). This is really annoying 'cus all the reviews tell how comfortable they are, people can seem to wear them for hours etc etc...
My head is a bit big so I suppose it is from the fact that when I adjust them bigger the pressure gets put on just the top of my head... Before I had these crappy Skullcandy Lowrider and when they are not as big/heavy they didn't cause this problem at all... However, a lot of people say that you can get used to this kinda stuff as well and I have just had them for two days... What do you think? Should I send them back (I got less than a week to do so) and try for example AKG K-601 (too bad I hate their design...) or just hope I get used to the pressure. Today they gave me less headache than yesterday... 

You realize is a 4+ years old thread? 

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #21 of 22
All the time these days - started years ago if I use phones that covered my ears for a long time (1 hour) then I switch to "on ear" phone and it was OK for a while. Now after just a few minutes I get a sick migraine headache. I have stretched the band, tried several different types. Also it is not just listening to music, listening to videos has the same effect.

Sep 23, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #22 of 22
I've noticed that ever since I purchased my 598's and paired them with a SoundBlaster E1, I've had terrible headaches when listening to them. The frequencies seem to have something to do with it, and it drives me insane sometimes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back