Do headphone companies all repair drivers?
Jul 30, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 4
In most cases I would imagine not... Though on the higher end, probably.

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 4
When a headphone goes out of warranty, can you still pay the company to install new drivers if a left or right driver stops working?

Sennheiser sells HD580(J)/600 and HD6x0 drivers already mounted on baffles. Tool-less disassembly. You just pop a few parts apart, take the busted driver assemblies, pop in the new ones.

AKG and Beyer do too it's just that they're not as well known as Sennheiser which had somebody buy up replacement parts for the HE60...and assembled his own HE60. And then ten more. Sennheiser clamped down on this but otherwise won't stop you putting HD6x0/580J drivers into a busted HD580.

From what I've read the problem seems to be more of HiFiMan being a PITA for after sales support (including within the warranty period for some unlucky ones, that or they're just hitting a language barrier). Not the worst as far as I'm concerned, ie Philips doesn't even sell replacement earpads. Focal had problems with drivers dying but they replaced those...then gained notoriety as the replacements also died.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back