Do Denon D600's Need an Amp?
Dec 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FlyingPigman

Head-Fier
Hey, For christmas, I'm buying the d600's, and lets just say, well, they're a lot of money. So yeah, is an amp recommended? They're like 32 ohms, so I don't think it's required, but if it helps the sound, I guess I''ll get one, anyone have a pair to compare? Thanks!

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 7
They are just 25 ohms actually and are easy to drive. They sound good straight of the iPod. I think you should be fine with a fiio e10 or E11, those are really good for the price.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 7
  Hey, For christmas, I'm buying the d600's, and lets just say, well, they're a lot of money. So yeah, is an amp recommended? They're like 32 ohms, so I don't think it's required, but if it helps the sound, I guess I''ll get one, anyone have a pair to compare? Thanks!

The Denon AH-D600 are only 25-Ohm and work fine with out a headphone amplifier.
So it's very easy for a portable audio device, music player or phone, to drive them
But getting headphone amplifier (FiiO E11, $63) with a really low output impedance should bring out the best in the AH-D600.

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 7
  The Denon AH-D600 are only 25-Ohm and work fine with out a headphone amplifier.
So it's very easy for a portable audio device, music player or phone, to drive them
But getting headphone amplifier (FiiO E11, $63) with a really low output impedance should bring out the best in the AH-D600.

What about the Fiio E7. It is only $70 on amazon ATM. Is it worth dropping the extra $15 for a DAC? Also, How is the battery life on each of these?

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 7
  What about the Fiio E7. It is only $70 on amazon ATM. Is it worth dropping the extra $15 for a DAC? Also, How is the battery life on each of these?

With the E7, it depends would source your using, if it's something portable, then chances you will not hook a DAC to it, just a headphone amplifier. 
If it's a PC or MAC or comes with a USB port, then you can use the E7's DAC feature.
I'm speaking in very general terms, because there can always be excepts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back