Do bookshelf speakers need rubber feet?
Feb 20, 2004 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
I bought B&W DM302 and not sure if I should put a clear rubber feet on it. Did you put them on yours or juts leave the underneat surface flat?

Feb 20, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 11
I use that white rubber tape double sticky, I got a roll fro 99 cents, just use two or three layers one over the other is small squares and then the speakers, that material use to last forever, and is extremely secure......once I had to remove the speaker because i move to a new apt, and I had to cut the rubber, I was not able to remove it pulling it, later on, with a lot of patience I remove it....

Feb 20, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by danaa
I use Blu Tack, a clay like adhesive which also keeps the bookshelves relatively secure on their stands in a house full of children and pets.

I use the same and was also suprised to realize how adhesive the stuff was. I can lift my monitors and the quite heavy stands come with them! This is good as I had nightmares of my speakers ever falling off the stands.

Feb 23, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #6 of 11
Home Depot sells some furniture guards... silver dollar size felt pads with a light glue on one side. They allow me to turn my peakes without any scratching on the wood veneer. the glue is just the right strength and will not damage the nice wood when you later decide to take them off. They also cushion well. Not fancy but smart.

Feb 23, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by RulyS
Home Depot sells some furniture guards... silver dollar size felt pads with a light glue on one side. They allow me to turn my peakes without any scratching on the wood veneer. the glue is just the right strength and will not damage the nice wood when you later decide to take them off. They also cushion well. Not fancy but smart.

No, you can get the same quality in any dollar store around here, for 99 cents....and sometimes more quantity....felt and rubber, both, those stores are really amazing...

Feb 23, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #8 of 11
I prefer the clear circular one. Is it better to get them from Dollar store or Radioshack? And will the adhesive damage the surface of my speaker when I peel them off?

NEO

Feb 23, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 11
Sovkiller... there are some dollar stores near. I always forget about them ultil I need a roll of wraping tape at Christmas or disposable umbrela in the rain.

Neo...I can tell you for sure the Home Depot furniture guards are safe... I tested them on another section of wood first and they were safe to peel back off. I have not tried the Radio Shack types. Test them on something first.

Feb 23, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #10 of 11
I hot glued some 45 caliber cast lead bullets to mine.
After I changed things around where the speakers set, I now get horrbile bass resonance from the cabinet they set on.
So hard cone shaped feet is not recommended when a big cabinet is where your speakers are living.

Is this blue tack anything like dum dum? I have a bunch of that and may try it.

Feb 23, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #11 of 11
Nice speaker Neo.
I've had an eye on B&W speakers for a while now and plan to "go there" after my tubed headphone kick gets to a satisfactory level. From what I've seen so far, the Norh SE9.0 tube amp at Norh.com seems a good match for your speakers. Take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back