Do Balanced Armature IEM's have sibilance?
Jan 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:
I sounds to me like many headphones that are just fine, will annoy you anyway. Have you thought of using an equalizer?

Well not all headphones annoy me, i'm sure that there are a few that are just great. Yes i usually use an equalizer, but it can only do so much. For example the Grado is a very bright can, but i use an eq and it seems just great afterwards. But i knew that this was how a Sr80i sounded and even so i still hear hisses sometimes. But i usually listen co classic/acoustic rock with these so it's ok. Similar my FA Eterna is quite sibilant sometimes, but i eq it and then it's good. The only pair i have found no sibilance whatsoever except on poorely recorded tracks is my Senn HD380 Pro, but I'm starting to think that it's the exception rather than the rule.

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #33 of 34
Well, if you're troubled by sibilance that much, you can always get IEMs with "calmer" and "laid-back" sound-sig, though I don't know if that kind of sound caters to your liking or not.

One laid-back IEM I'm familiar with is Shure SE215; Its sound-sig doesn't tire me out and that's one of the reason why it's still my to-go IEM for long flights or extended-but-relaxed listening session. You might miss some details if you're coming from a detailed headphone, but I think it's a fair trade-off.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
Too bad then, was hoping that they wouldn't hurt my ears. It's annoying because the more you go up the headphones ladder, the more probable it is for it to have sibilance problems (have tried a few 300 euro+ headphones, they all had it).

Anyway thanks for the responses.

But replacing the stock tips can change/improve the SQ of an IEM, IMO. Try SHE3590 one of my favorites, it's only 15$ below, though it's quite siblant but found out that the problem was regarding the stock tips. Need to replace it with the longer tips or triple flange. Now the treble smoothen, I still can hear siblance, but It's the right siblance that I want to.

Try reading the review and feedbacks regarding the SHE3590 here.

EDIT: Sorry the link I gave was a review/impression about the 3580 not 3590. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back