do augioengine a5's benefit from an amp?
Dec 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 17
thanks for the suggestion but i really am set on the maverick now. it's everything i need in one box which is what i need while giving me a new desktop amp that sounds promising. selling my d10 which i don't need for the portable aspect will cover it with extra left over.

just need this covered and i should be on my way:

Quote:

04a0351d6b0dd9be9553845b166f4cc0.png

a66be0625ce78a26dd7e43f4dd3dbba0.png

i'd just like to know what exactly goes where to get the a5's hooked up to the maverick with the HDTV simultaneously. not only to know what goes where, but because i'm going to pick up all the cables i need from monoprice so i know i have the right lengths onhand.

also, would there be any point to upgrading the speaker cable? any ideas on what to pickup? i also can't quite tell what the speaker cable inputs look like so if it comes to any type of soldering or general handyness i'd have to count myself out.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #17 of 17
also, what inputs are on the that connect the speaker wire? i know nothing on the subject, apparently they're either "bananas", "spades", or "unterminated", i'd like to know because in addition to wanting to upgrade speaker cables if necessary i may need to go longer anyway. only place i know of to fulfill this is blue jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back