Do Any Vendors Allow Super.fi Returns?
Jun 16, 2005 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ILikeMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd like to purchase a pair of Super.fi's but neither Guitar Center nor Ultimate Ears allows returns on these items (Guitar Center didn't have any for audition and said no returns, also UE Customer Service says no returns if bought off of the website.) I'm not really comfortable purchasing these without the right to return them if I'm not happy with them... is anyone aware of a vendor that is confident enough in the product to have a return policy?

Jun 16, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the tip, I'd go for the used set except that I'm looking for the EB model. Both Guitar Center and UE say that the policy is due to 'health reasons' because they are worn in the ear. I can see how this might be the case from Guitar Center's point of view but it seems like a pretty weak excuse from UE since they could easily just add new eartips to any returns at a trivial cost to them. Etymotic and Shure have the same issues with their in-ear products but somehow those manufacturers manage to allow returns so obviously it can easily be done if the manufacturer wants to... but UE apparently doesn't want to. A little disappointing after all the comments I've seen about their excellent customer service.

Jun 20, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 5
Do you have an American Express card?

They have return protection up to $300 on most of their cards (Blue, Starwood and Gold Rewards come to mind first).

If Guitar Center won't take them back, AMEX will.

c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back