Do any Sony PDCPs show time remaining on a CD track?
Jan 8, 2003 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Steve999

smooth, DARK
I seem to be reading that the Sony portable CD players have the best sound. My current AIWAS sound great, clean and no hiss whatsoever, but have no line out. One feature I really care about is seeing time remaining on a track. Do any Sony PDCPs have both a line out and show the time remaining on a track?
confused.gif

I ma particularly curious about the Sony D-CJ01.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2003 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 7
Steve999,

Of the current USA-market Sony CD Walkman players, only the D-EJ855 and the D-EJ1000 can display the time remaining on a track. However, their display is on the remote; there is no display on the unit itself.

Jan 8, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 7
All my Sonys display time remaining on track and on the whole disc.
confused.gif
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 8, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 7
Awesome, thanks E.D.!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Steve999,

Of the current USA-market Sony CD Walkman players, only the D-EJ855 and the D-EJ1000 can display the time remaining on a track. However, their display is on the remote; there is no display on the unit itself.

Jan 10, 2003 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Does anyone know if the Sony D-EJ855 and D-EJ1000 have megabass or any type of EQ?

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Steve999,

Jan 10, 2003 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Steve999
Does anyone know if the Sony D-EJ855 and D-EJ1000 have megabass or any type of EQ?

Yep, both the D-EJ855 and the D-EJ1000 have a three-position Mega Bass function (Off/Mid/Max). And when you first install the batteries, Mega Bass is turned off by default, unlike the S-XBS function of most Panasonic PCDPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back