Do any of you use Channel Island products?
Sep 7, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 9
I know their DAC and associated power supply are well regarded and somewhat popular, but not familiar with anyone using their headamp.

Sep 7, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
I know their DAC and associated power supply are well regarded and somewhat popular, but not familiar with anyone using their headamp.

i used to have their VDA-1/VAC-1 combo that was modwrighted and had the upgraded umbilical cord...and that setup with my old rotel 855 CD player was fantastic. i ran it through a grado RA-1 into the RS-1 and that was pure bliss...why did i ever sell that setup? i'm not sure how their headamps are, but you can't go wrong with their DAC.

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 9
Sep 8, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 9
i have the vhp-1 with vac-1 power for my sen 650 and love it
600smile.gif
i have never owned another amp so i dont know what my opinion is worth. all i know is that i am very happy with the sound. i currently have a loaner vda-1 dac and it is the icing on the cake...but i am waiting to try out the new icing they are working on before i buy a dac from them. ciaudio has been a good company to deal with.

Sep 8, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm using the VHP-1 (and the VDA-1/VAC-1) with my HD-580... Sounds great!

Keep in mind that the only other amp I've been able to compare for any length of time is my Go-Vibe.

One of these days, I'll find the time to build some other amps and do a comparison.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by glenmorangie
the vda benefits from the vac more than the vhp ?
blink.gif

I would assume so.. I believe in source before amp.. but that's just me. (Garbage in, garbage out)

Sep 8, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #9 of 9
After reading the review in Stereophile, then the online reviews/comments, I'm really starting to think about the VHP-1. Sounds like it would drive my SR-80's well, along with some DT880's (with the higher gain button used). Versitile.

Anyone compared this amp to the Gilmore Lite. I like that both are reasonable $300-350 and Made in USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back