Do any Android tablets give the same level of SQ as a Sansa/Cowon?
Feb 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scuttle

500+ Head-Fier
I've googled, but the people who review tablets seem very uninterested in this! SQ often means how the external speakers sound, and no tests to see whether an amp is up to driving more than commodity IEMs. I'd be grateful to know peoples experiences, especially of the latest generation of Nexuses (Nexii?) and Kindle Fires.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I've googled, but the people who review tablets seem very uninterested in this! SQ often means how the external speakers sound, and no tests to see whether an amp is up to driving more than commodity IEMs. I'd be grateful to know peoples experiences, especially of the latest generation of Nexuses (Nexii?) and Kindle Fires.

My Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running ICS) is a step down in sound from a Sansa, Cowon, or one of the newer iPods. It's not a huge step down, but with decent headphones if you are listening critically you can hear the difference.  I have enough DAPs that I don't store any music on the tablet, instead I fill my external microsdhc card with videos. The only music I might use it for is Pandora or Digitally Imported "radio".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back