Do All mp3 Players Sound Alike?
Jul 2, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try doing a line level matched A/B comparison of iPod models and I think you'll be surprised. The main difference between iPods is the size of the hard drive and the headphone out circuitry.

See ya
Steve

what what what, somebody slapped me with there gloves...
biggrin.gif

The problem is that i don not have enough lods to try it out. But i do accept the challenge and will start gathering some docks from my buddies to try it out on my mixer. Let the feast begin
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpanZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't notice until you get into high quality headphones.

between two nice mp3 units yes. but some of those generic pos you always see on sale sound horrible on almost anything but the very cheapest headphones.

my walkman sounds better than my ipod 4th gen ipod/2nd gen nano with basic senn 497 and included ex headphones. neither is high end
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #19 of 20
I have a A818 and I used to have a D2 (gave it to my dad) and I noticed a difference in the SQ. The D2 according to my ears sounded very 'airy' and didn't have really 'boomy bass'. My A818 sounded a lot better imo. More 'boomy' bass and the vocals didn't seem 'airy' like they did on the D2.

I much prefer the A818.

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #20 of 20
Differences are small? By what measure? For me some DAPs are impossible to listen too, they start to irritate me within 10 minutes and never allow me to just enjoy the music (I tried to love an ipod mini for 3 weeks, didn't work, same with an iriver 799, though for different SQ-issues) other players (Sonys are my fav) I love to listen to all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back