DNS Problem with head-fi?
Mar 2, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 23
I thought it was just me.
confused.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
The main page wasnt working earlier, but it works for me now.
icon10.gif

Sammmeeeee boat here....I was wondering what was happening

Ohhh Jude??!!!

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 23
It seems to be fixed now. Now, about the posted times - I never noticed it before but I'm already showing posts for yesterday - which must mean that the posters are past midnight.

Then after I posted this message all the times changed. hmmm. Was my cookie updated or something?

Definitely some sort of cookie. The front page had times which showed yesterday and after I put in this message and did a refresh of the page the times all changed.

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #8 of 23
oh, I thought it was some issue with the Cal servers when I tried accessing the frontpage from the library computers this afternoon. I browse here way too much so I knew the format of the forum url so typed that in and was fine though....

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 23
I had problems starting yesterday afternoon, and continuing on to this morning.

Like Wallijonn said, I can't get in through head-fi.org, but I can through head-fi.org/forums.

Strange.

BPRJam

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #11 of 23
I'm having this problem just now trying to get in. Click on my favorites link to Head-Fi and get a "The page cannot be displayed" message. I had to check my email for post updates and click on the thread update link to get in. Similar problem also occured yesterday.

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #15 of 23
Ed,

Are you on the East coast? Arizona can't get there from here. www6.head-fi.org shows a Fire Fox "done" empty page.

www.dnsstuff.com shows >300ms to connect for www. but <300ms for www4, www5 & www6.

www.head-fi.org shows the address as 128.121.xxx.xxx and all the others (www4,www5,www6) as 166.90.xxx.xxx www.head-fi.org/forums is working through www6. So the problem may be with the 128.121 IP address machine. (But if you hit the above link it fails).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back