DMC XCLEF 500
May 30, 2005 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JAG

100+ Head-Fier
I'm happy with the HD-500. I think. On the not-so-good side ...its big - bigger than even a Nomad Zen. But it still slips into my shirt pocket. Not much room for anything else, but it fits. Some may not like the design - its definitely not sylish or the weight but I like both. It has a well built sturdy feel. Gotta love 100Gb and the big screen. It has great sound, and it runs at least 12 hours per charge. It works as an external hard drive and has FM radio and voice recording. I haven't tried these last features but opnion seems to be they are not the best.
It wouldn't be fair to compare it to most high end DAPs, unless you want to see it thoroughly trashed as somewhere between mediocre as a player and plain ugly for design...but even with all the trade offs of instant convenience and usability, it suits my purposes which are basically great sound/battery life and storage capacity. I paid about 315.00 total by buying the player and the 100GB hard drive separately.
Which brings me to....the GUI. You can't search through music by iD3-tag (Artist, Album, Title). Does anyone have experience with Red Chair Cyclef and/or mood logic? Opinions/reviews of either seem to be all over the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back