Djay-Fi!
Sep 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LOVEPIXY

Head-Fier
Djay-Fi

For all you fellow Headphone loving Disc Jokey out there in the headfi forums.

This is the place to post pictures of all you gear!
-Mixers
-Media players
-Turntables
-PA/monitor Speakers, Amps, DACs Etc 
-And of corse your nice set of Cans!

Its also a place to discuss Djing, submit your mixes and to ask questions 
darthsmile.gif

Have Fun!

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 8
I unfortunately don't have any gear right now but I used to own...

Pair of CDJ 800mk2, DJM 800, and a pair of SRM 450 speakers. I've owned a pair of QSC K12s and am currently looking for a controller based solution. Eye on the NS6 at the moment.

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 8
They are without a doubt the best speakers I've heard anywhere near their price range (well the KW series is a tiny bit better but they're the same speaker). The DEEP DSP is amazing and they put any horn speaker to shame. Tack on a KW181 sub or 2 (avoid the KSub like the plague) and you've got a monster system. 

I had to get rid of mine because I live in an apartment...Neighbors weren't happy. :wink:

They're just so smooth in the highs. My only complaint was that I felt the need to have the vocal boost on sometimes.

Quote:
Interesting enough I was planing on buying a pair of the k12 in the next few weeks :)

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 8
For one the kSub only goes to 44hz at it's lowest. The KW181 hits 34hz. The other issue is that's it's basically 2 12" woofers put on low end duty. It just doesn't rumble like the monster 18" you're getting from the 181.

Quote:
Whats wrong with the ksub? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back