DJ1 Pads
Feb 18, 2009 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

froasier

Head-Fier
I was in the market for DJ headphones (also used for listening and studio work). I read up on Ultrasones and they sounded great so I ordered the HFI-550 (cheaper than the DJ1 but equivalent from what I could find). I really liked them but due to an issue with the retailer (they sent me one badged for a school) I exchanged them for the HFI-580, which I found to be the same except better looking, only they were defective (bass was missing in one ear and caused distortion). So I ordered the DJ1 (550 generation) from a different store, because while I prefer the look of the HFI-580, the long cord is really annoying and I don't want to spend the $ and warranty on a recable.

Now, I'm very pleased with the DJ1 except for one difference: The pads.
They are wider than the HFI-550/580 pads and I find them to be less comfortable. They are a more cramped fit and cause my ears to end up touching the board which gets painful after a while. So I was wondering first of all, is there a reason the DJ1 pads are different? Do they provide better isolation? I did not notice a difference in isolation from the 550s. And secondly, how easy/cheap is it to get replacement HFI-550/580 pads?

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by froasier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in the market for DJ headphones (also used for listening and studio work). I read up on Ultrasones and they sounded great so I ordered the HFI-550 (cheaper than the DJ1 but equivalent from what I could find). I really liked them but due to an issue with the retailer (they sent me one badged for a school) I exchanged them for the HFI-580, which I found to be the same except better looking, only they were defective (bass was missing in one ear and caused distortion). So I ordered the DJ1 (550 generation) from a different store, because while I prefer the look of the HFI-580, the long cord is really annoying and I don't want to spend the $ and warranty on a recable.

Now, I'm very pleased with the DJ1 except for one difference: The pads.
They are wider than the HFI-550/580 pads and I find them to be less comfortable. They are a more cramped fit and cause my ears to end up touching the board which gets painful after a while. So I was wondering first of all, is there a reason the DJ1 pads are different? Do they provide better isolation? I did not notice a difference in isolation from the 550s. And secondly, how easy/cheap is it to get replacement HFI-550/580 pads?

Please contact us at infoteam@ultrasone.com or call 951-678-9091 and we'll help you out with this.

Thanks

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 11
I am about to purchase some DJ1 pros but I am wondering if they can be used with the Pro900 velour pads (those are the only black ones I believe). I hate leather/pleather because my ears/head sweat.

Thanks.

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Monday Morning bump.

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 11
I don't need black, does anyone know if the silver 750/2500 pads fit?

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks. I have sent an email.

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #9 of 11
So far the email support has been pretty lacking as well. I did get one response, but it didn't have any information. I'm awaiting a second response now.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far the email support has been pretty lacking as well. I did get one response, but it didn't have any information. I'm awaiting a second response now.

Check your PM's.
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks Paul. I appreciate the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back