DJ or Monoprice Cables for Studio Monitors
Nov 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cheapfi

100+ Head-Fier
I have recently acquired a pair of Fostex PM0.4n near field monitors. I am very happy with these, however I am going to need to buy some cables to connect them to a source that uses RCA outputs.  I would like decent quality cables that will last, but I am on a tight budget.

Each of these speakers requires it's own audio cable and will be sitting about 6 feet apart from eachother.   I am looking for my best options for connectivity while keeping it cheap.  Each monitor can accept either a 1/4 inch TRS/TS input or a rca input.  These are the options I have been considering.

Option 1:

Professional RCA to 1/4 TS Patch Cables ~$15
Kirlin Pro 6 foot Patch Cables
GLS Audio 6 foot Patch Cables <-only if I can find a two pack instead of a 6 pack

Option 2:

Buy a pretty sleeved TS Cable then cut it apart and re terminate the non TS ends with Nakamachi Locking RCA adapters ~$24
Nice looking Sleeved TS Cable

Option 3:

Split apart a Monoprice premium RCA Cable to get two patch cables ~$6 after shipping

Option 4:

Use a pair of Monoprice Digital Coaxial Cables as patch cables ~$10 after shipping

I can see advantages with each option and I am looking for a combination of performance and decent looks.  I would like to hear you guys' opinions and suggestions.  

My cable budget is really in the $20 or less range, although I might be willing to stretch it a few dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back