DJ mixer headphone output as amplifier???
Aug 4, 2004 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eitook

100+ Head-Fier
greetings all.... will the headphone output of a DJ mixer work as a headphone amplifier???? i currently own a pioneer djm300 mixer..and not sure whether to splurge on headroom's total bithead?? anyone can help here??? i'm a blooming headfi-er
580smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 3
the idea is to replace your cheap headphone electronics with a higher grade model, so you get better sound. but often the difference is very subtle, if any at all. so, it's up to you.

but that bithead isn't just a headphone amp... it's a computer interface too right? you're kinda comparing apples and oranges. but if you don't have a good computer sound card, then it sounds like a good deal.

Aug 4, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 3
the difference is very subtle you say?? hmmm i'm still caught in a dilemma whether to upgrade to the total bithead. i currently have an audigy with the audigy drive...i'm not sure whether the upgrade would be significant. ( i have never used a headphone amplifier before). i do own a pioneer djm300 mixer, and it amplifies the signal (i usually listen to mp3s from the PC). As for cans i own the sr80,pioneer hdj1000 and senn hd212. how big is the impact of an amplifier?? does it really work wonders?? btw i'm a total basshead
580smile.gif
as for portable use, the iriver ihp140 paired with the mx500 is my current rig...what i really wanna know is what does the amplifier REALLY do? would the output from the amplifier be similar to the output from the DJ mixer output?? if it does exactly the same thing, then i do not think the US270 dollars spent is warranted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back