DJ Headphones?
Sep 25, 2014 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JSBoris

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

New to this site and looking for a new pair of DJ headphones.  I'm no audiophile by any means, but have been DJing about 16 years or so.  Typically as a bedroom DJ with some house parties and whatnot occasionally.  I've been through some headphones, previously some Sony's and some Pioneer's.  They were good, but eventually just got destroyed/fell apart.  I don't remember the exact models.  Most recently I've been using some Audio Technica's M30's, as I have been on a budget.  I'm looking at grabbing a pair of Audio Technica M50's or the Pro700Mk2's.  I've also been looking at the Allen and Heath XD2-53's as well.    I've heard mixed reviews about all of them.  One thing I'm trying to consider is blowing them out if I play out on a proper club system, as I've heard that can happen, but again, I'm not as knowledgeable about why this may happen.  I'm also trying to save my ears a bit, as I do have a little tinnitus and would rather try to manage it than keep blasting as loud as possible.  Any input or responses would be greatly appreciated.  I play Drum and Bass primarily, which is obviously bass heavy, but mixing at home doesn't really require the over the top bass, and my previous headphones have all served well, and again, trying to save my ears a bit.  Just not sure how a club environment may differ as I plan on playing out soon and later this year.  Thanks again, any response is appreciated.

JSBoris

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 3
I can recommend some which are discounted on our site (search for JFB).

It's the JFB badged version of the German Maestro 8.35D (check the reviews on head-fi). They're well balanced and very well thought of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back