DJ Headphones round-up
Mar 3, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #17 of 19
That's me, man. The Ixos are fabulous headphones but sound mid-rangey and lacking in tightness in the low end out of my mixer. Out of anything else (even strait out the DJ CD players) they sound perfect. But they are too neutral for DJing on my midrangey mixer. They also start a resonance above 300mW. I need headphones that can take a little more volume when I'm wearing my musicians earplugs without the bass getting warbbley. The highs can be a little brighter than the SportaPros. Essentially, I need the closed equivolent of Sporta Pros or Grado 325. Tight loud bass and crisp, slightly bright highs.

Mar 5, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 19
If you let me I'd like to say i Know what you're looking for ...

I would go with the techincs ( consider also rp-f 800 - they are really some strange beast for their price 40-50$ - and also they are quite unknown here ) and i would be VERY happy .

Technics rp-f 400 were my first headphones , i choose them over other high labeled headphones , and their good sound signature has remained in my haed till now . I kept on using them till now as a base phone to evolve on ..

Mar 5, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #19 of 19
Technics hps. strenght is that they keep a visceral bass filling a huge veeery deep soundstage without getting over the high freq. - so that details remain fully audible and enjoyable .In order to do this thay are a little on the loose side with the mids , which imo is not so bad with punching rock and electronics and also it diminuish listening fatigue .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back