DJ headphones, experiences and advice please!
Feb 12, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Like I've mentioned before..if you're really DJing your priorities should be:
build quality, THEN sound quality...and in all honesty they mostly sound the same when you're working in a high noise environment..so it comes down to personal choice really.

I totally agree. I've been using my Technics RP-DJ1200's for 10 years and have auditioned many other dj cans over that span and I've yet to find a pair that's better for my uses. I think the RP-DJ's are better than the DH's in terms of build quality and comfort for actual dj use because of their better swivel mechanism--I have multiple options for keeping the cups off one of my ears for live mixing applications. Oh, and they also sound much better to my ears than the DH's. My pair has taken its share of club abuse. They've been thrown around, borrowed, spilled on, dropped, kicked and even chewed by a dog. And, honestly, after replacing the ear pads they look almost new.

As far as sound goes, they're decent performers--bass isn't overpowering and the mids are a bit veiled. But all I really care is that I can hear them loud and clear while standing next to a 500 watt stage monitor. And, for that, they work great. For around $100 street price I actually think they're a decent deal.

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #17 of 17
May I ask what is the theory behind copper/steel cables, making the latter sound worse? I mean, sound is electron transportation and both do well as they conduct, and don't oxidize because they are sealed?
On any other forum people say it can't be true.

And would the mini XLR connectors on the Pioneer improve the sound by any bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back