DIYers... looking for someone to make me a CMOY...
Jul 26, 2007 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Corbet

100+ Head-Fier
I feel like I don't have the technical know how to make a CMOY amp. I'm mainly looking for someone to make me a CMOY amp, highest quality as possible with the opAmp built in. I'd GLADLY pay parts + labor for one. I would get one off eBay but they rip you off.

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would get one off eBay but they rip you off.

Actually 40 bucks for a Cmoy isn't all that bad from Ebay (I believe the popular seller is juice2214). That would be close to the cost in parts plus labor.
There are some here that had professional PCBs manufactured for the Cmoy, take a gander, maybe they have some perfectly working prototypes that they wouldn't mind selling to you.

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like I don't have the technical know how to make a CMOY amp. I'm mainly looking for someone to make me a CMOY amp, highest quality as possible with the opAmp built in. I'd GLADLY pay parts + labor for one. I would get one off eBay but they rip you off.

you're probably overestimating how hard it is to build a CMoy. i had a cheapie soldering iron from radio shack (big mistake!) lying around that i'd never used, and i decided to order a little $10 "super snooper" microphone kit. i put that together easily with no experience in DIY electronics, and the next thing i put together was a CMoy. the step-by-step instructions and resources in tangent's tutorial give you all the information you need to not only put together a CMoy, but to gain a bit of understanding of the circuits involved as you do it. it's a completely reasonable undertaking, even if you've never touched a soldering iron in your life (which, as you can see, is essentially where i stood). in fact, if you ask me, it's an ideal first project.

as you can see, i'm very glad i decided to try my hand at a CMoy. in my humble opinion, if you have any interest at all in electronics, you're cheating yourself by not giving it a try.

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 6
CMOYs are indeed simple. You can find kits out there and grab a soldering iron and have at it.

I learned how to solder on my first CMOY and after some serious discussion on this forum, decided on a bad amp as the main problem with my circuit.

This forum is a beautiful place to bounce around ideas and ask questions. You can't go wrong.

Learning some DIY can also help you figure out if a problem withe a consumer product is easily fixeable or if it is deeper and needs to go into warranty. That's when goofing around becomes lots of fun.

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back