diyeden great march review? users?
Jul 7, 2006 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

estim8d

New Head-Fier
I was looking for a dac out of my crappy mini-mac, and saw this. Anybody review this yet? I can't seem to find a review or comparison and am mighty interested.

I don't really need usb, but it let's me use some older equipment, besides my toslink cable.

It's also cheaper than the grace design m902 which, looks fantastic, seems hard to justify it's $1,700 price.

http://www.ifiaudio.com/gm.html

Cheers!

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by estim8d
I was looking for a dac out of my crappy mini-mac, and saw this. Anybody review this yet? I can't seem to find a review or comparison and am mighty interested.

I don't really need usb, but it let's me use some older equipment, besides my toslink cable.

It's also cheaper than the grace design m902 which, looks fantastic, seems hard to justify it's $1,700 price.

http://www.ifiaudio.com/gm.html

Cheers!

I just saw the DAC myself and came here searching for a review. Only saw a mention or 2, no reviews. Everyone's caught up in the Zhaolu (sp?) right now I guess.

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Just received it today and hooked it up. First impression, very nice, it was solidly built.

Photos and review to come. Plus it matches my woo3 =)

Jul 12, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by estim8d
Just received it today and hooked it up. First impression, very nice, it was solidly built.

Photos and review to come. Plus it matches my woo3 =)

I'd be interested to hear your comments. I'm guilty of not posting some meaningful impressions of mine which I have had for half a year or more. I initially preferred the Zhaolu and haven't given the Great March the time. I inserted it back in the system today after some time and it's a very nice sounding DAC indeed. It errors on the sweeter side of things but with that vocals are killer and it's very musical with great bass. The USB works without a hitch and it is built very solidly. One of these days I am going to do a major Zhaolu/Great March comparison (he says for the millionth time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back