Diyeden DAC better than Zhaolu?
Mar 13, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #16 of 42
Thanks
wink.gif
The usb input makes it attractive for using with the laptop.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:48 AM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengzhe
i'll recommend a new dac for u in april.

fan, you're so cryptic; i understand if you cannot release any information on a yet-to-be released dac, but if you have a name or something we'd be glad to hear it

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisyphos
Interesting. Which brand? Maybe yours?
I see you're from Shanghai, so maybe you introduce us to just another nice product of this fast turning wheel of good audio stuff from China.

i'm the agent of zhaolu, diyeden in shanghai. the new brand belongs to another factory in China. it will be on sale in april.

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

i'm the agent of zhaolu, diyeden in shanghai. the new brand belongs to another factory in China. it will be on sale in april.

What will be the price range?

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #20 of 42
Also please note that i wanted warmer dac for my system. Works better that way i think. Other system configuration might be completely different results. Just something for people to think about.

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
fan, you're so cryptic; i understand if you cannot release any information on a yet-to-be released dac, but if you have a name or something we'd be glad to hear it

I'm afraid it's not so convenient to release the details now.

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 42
Fan isn't being cryptic, he's just not a pro at English. He's a regular old dealer in Shanghai, he deals many brands over there and Zhaolu and DIYEDEN are two lines he deals in. I don't mean to speak for him but try to help him with the language barrier.

The Great March is actually a great DAC. It does have a warmer signature, not as clear and defined as the Zhaolu but it's not far off either. It's really another flavor more than anything. It is however quite good sounding indeed and the USB input is convenient and works perfectly with no software needed. I have been spending so much time with the Zhaolu that I haven't had enough time with the Great March to post impressions at length. Make no mistake it is really good. I think due to the price of Zhaolu it's not gaining as much popularity but at $200, and without being fixated on the Zhaolu, it is a steal for the price.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #25 of 42
A friend of mine is going to China next week and offered to pick up a DAC for me. Are I know the Zhaolu site list its distrubutors in China, but does each distributor only perform certain modifications? Basically, can I only get a Zhaolu with the modifications Eddie Wu offers, from Eddie Wu? Or do other distributors do the same modifications. Also, does anyone have the site that list the great march's distributors in China?

Mar 14, 2006 at 10:17 AM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

I'm afraid it's not so convenient to release the details now.

well give us a yell when it becomes convenient - i'll be looking at purchasing a DAC soon.........

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Fan isn't being cryptic, he's just not a pro at English. He's a regular old dealer in Shanghai, he deals many brands over there and Zhaolu and DIYEDEN are two lines he deals in. I don't mean to speak for him but try to help him with the language barrier.

The Great March is actually a great DAC. It does have a warmer signature, not as clear and defined as the Zhaolu but it's not far off either. It's really another flavor more than anything. It is however quite good sounding indeed and the USB input is convenient and works perfectly with no software needed. I have been spending so much time with the Zhaolu that I haven't had enough time with the Great March to post impressions at length. Make no mistake it is really good. I think due to the price of Zhaolu it's not gaining as much popularity but at $200, and without being fixated on the Zhaolu, it is a steal for the price.

Sean
thanks for the impression .

Would you do a fast comparo among the Zhalou ( fully modded? ) you own , the Great March and the upgraded DacK! 2 you own ?

which one is the more analogue sounding ?
which one the more accurate in portraying tonality of instruments ?
Prices ( shipping included ) would be nice too

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #28 of 42
Well report after opa637ap install. Seems better layering,whider soundstage and music is more..real(?). Great update
smily_headphones1.gif

I didnt try replacing opa2604 for balanced output yet to see if that affects sound in unbalanced.

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kocsu
USB-I2S-DAC chip

or

USB-SPDIF-DAC chip

USB-SPDIF-DAC chip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back