DIY "Super Slim" Class A Portable Amp
Jul 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 31
looks like less than half of the amp you first posted
confused.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #22 of 31
so bait and switch?

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:
If you count the ICs between the first amp and the "kit" pictures, it is a completely different amp by the looks of it.
As I said before, without schematics the thread is meaningless.

yeah I know, I was just having a laugh, you know what 'bait and switch' is yes? a cursory glance is all it takes to see its a completely different amp

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #25 of 31
Yes, but I also regard about some problems
L3000.gif

The first amp is perfectly good, but it`s too thin and hard to use 9v battery
Base on the safety problems, DIY kits are not really suitable using Lithium battery,
And Using Lithium battery also need a specific balance charger , costs arount $50....
It is too expensive for a DIY kit...
And we are still working hard on the super slim amp - COOL4

Before this, another kit amp designed
So we try to design another amp, with cheaper cost, safety battery, good looking,
And most important the sound quality

Originally, this kit was design for .....Eclipse!

You may also use other plastic case, about $2

Or using the amp kit case

Specially, this amp with BTL circuit, which represent Balance Output
Higher performance in sound quality
By some theories, BTL not really improve the sound quality,
However, we give some demos to friends, they can hear the differences between BTL balance output and 3.5 output .....
evil_smiley.gif

So we use BTL circuit,
Of course, You can make it like shown in picture with both 3.5 and balance output
darthsmile.gif

Later, we will provide more details ,like layout and tech details 
bigsmile_face.gif

By now, hope could know how many people interested
beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #26 of 31
SE input with bridged (which is a completely different thing to balanced btw) output; does not do anything to improve sound quality. depending on the load it may not even represent an increase in power into the headphones, particularly with only the same 9v power source. apart from a potential increase in power (load and power supply dependent) phase splitting really doesnt do anything in this use case. Any noise on the input will still be there as its flipped along with the phase so cannot cancel. you'll cancel any even harmonics from the phase splitter onwards ie in the headphone cable …thats about it. oh and you create more odd harmonic and residual even harmonic noise from the parts in second phase

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Looks like that to me too. Honestly the bait doesn't even look like a functional product.

This thread is not a DIY project, it's advertising. Doesn't belong in the DIY forums.

yeah well hard to tell, theres no details on exactly what its supposed to be. i'm not interested in either one, i'm just here keeping it real. agreed this is a simple ad with no more information than an ad, less than many.

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #30 of 31
There's a website printed on the clear case of the last picture. www.um-audio.com It's hard to tell what's going on over there, but it looks like a Chinese DIY audio forum. A few threads are dedicated to the COOL amplifiers. There's a bunch of files joined to the posts, which could be schematics. You need to be registered to download them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back