DIY stores in Shanghai??
Mar 22, 2007 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KerryKing

Head-Fier
Hi,
Im am new to this forum when it comes to posting but i have been lurking around for some time now
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope i put this question in the right category.

Is there any nice easy to find DIY stores in Shanghai?
Because i am going there on saturday and will stay for one weak, and maybe i can get some time out of office and go shopping
smily_headphones1.gif

And this time i would like to be able to find some nice DIY things there, or maybe headphones or such.

I gues almoust everything should be less expenssive in Shanghai compared to Sweden
smily_headphones1.gif

Well if you know anything i would apreciate it, and if you have the adress in Chinese writing it would be even better
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you
Regards
Erik

Mar 23, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi Erik,

I think there are no DIY chain-stores like Maplin / RS components in Shanghai. The only DIY store in Shanghai I can think of is B&Q
smily_headphones1.gif

There are a few famous "flea" markets which sells computing and electronics stuff.

1) 虬江路
Many small individual stores spread along the two sides of the street.
You can find many old computer parts, retro consumer electronics, mobile phones parts, DIY tools and components, as well as local brand Hi-Fi accessories.

This area is definitely not a nice place for shopping but a good place for adventure
smily_headphones1.gif

2) 徐家汇 美罗城
This is a modern shopping mall where you can find the latest consumer electronics products. eg. digital camera, ipod, camcorder, etc.
There is a floor designated for HiFi shops. (2/F or 3/F, Sorry, I'm not sure)
It is a good place for buying headphones. You can try them before you buy, especially the hi-end Sennheiser cans. Other brands like Shure, Grado, AKG are also available.

3) 浦东张杨路721号 太平洋数码广场3期
The flagship store of the Sennheiser / Grado official China distributor is on the 4th floor. Room 4111.
You should check the price on the Internet first if you really want to buy a decent headphones. The website is in Chinese only but I think you can read the model numbers. They are universal.

This is my first post here and hope the info can help.

Mar 23, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi,

Thank you,

For nr one it seems like i have to get one of my work friends for help
smily_headphones1.gif
So i guess i will not get there this trip hehe

Nr 2 sounds a little like the market in xujiahui (pinjin is probably not totally correct
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I will for sure go to this place
smily_headphones1.gif

The 3rd place i will try to get to as well
smily_headphones1.gif

In what part of Shanghai is this?

Thank you so much, i will print the Chinese on a paper
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks,

I can almost say XuJiaHui as well.

I guess No3 is close to Century park then.
I will visit the market under Century park, so maybe i take this place the same day.

I am living in Gubei when I am in Shanghai so it is quite far away
frown.gif

Thanx again. Now i have some nice places to visit
smily_headphones1.gif

/Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back