DIY stereo input for Iphone/Ipad
Mar 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dmax007

New Head-Fier
HELP!!! Purchased a few Tascam iMS's to mod for stereo input to my Iphone.  Tascam makes a model with stereo input mini jacks but you can not monitor while recording.  According to multiple reviews you can monitor wihile recording with the iMS if you connect everythingin the right order.  The iMS's are only $25.00 so i bought a few of them to try and mod.  For clarification the iMS model has stereo mic's in the design.  I was hoping to disassemble the iMS and simply bridge a cable from the two mic's to a mini stereo input jack and have exactly what I want.  I was assuming that mics are essentually speakers and the connection would very similar - especially consiering that my binaural mic has a 1/8 male mini stereo jack.  However, rather then the standard two connections of most speakers, the two mics have three wires attached to each.  Both have a black and two others (Pin 1, 2, 3).  ????  Anyone know how I should connect these three leads to the jack to get a female stereo in???  NOTE:   If and When I get this working, I will do a complete post with pics.  Why do I want this??  I am facinated with binaural recordings (Not Binaural Beats!!)....  If you are reading this and have no clue what I am talking about...  A few impressive recordings:  Google -  Virtual Barbar Shop ... and .... Snake Charmer Binaural.  Listen to these with headphones.  True 3D sound!!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back