DIY Sony Walkman LOD
May 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
Is there a website or anybody on this forum that can show me step by step instructions how to make an LOD for a walkman?  I have S and X series walkman, and want to make one because premade ones are outrageouly overpriced.  Can someone point me to a link?  I searched everywhere and can't find anything.  Thanks.

May 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 6

Why not buy one with a built-in line out? This one has line out: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SONY_WM-D6C.jpg 
smile_phones.gif

May 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 6
There is a seller on ebay that sells one similar to ALO's Sony lod for $30 with free shipping. I ordered one and still waiting for it to be delivered.

Jun 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 6
Ordered the FiiO LOD on that auction site (a BIN offer) a few days ago.  I'll let everyone know my impressions as soon as it is received...  I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money for ALO's offering especially when the Walkman cost half as much. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi All,

I'm looking for a low profile Walkman lod, where the cable comes out of the side of the Walkman lod & terminates with a 90deg 3.5mm jack. The cable must be very flexible, I already have a Fiio Walkman lod but the cable is very stiff.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or better still in a position to make one for me, I would make one myself; but to be honest I'm a cripple, who's gradually losing the use of both arms. I'm totally skint because I'm unable to work.

I'm not looking for charity & I'm prepared to pay, just not through the nose for something all singing & dancing.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back