DIY Sleek Audio SA6 repair
Aug 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lampee

Head-Fier
Hi Everybody!

I would like to share you the repair process of the broken cable inside the Sleek Audio SA6 IEM. I have already written a complaint about the problem to the premier sponsor forum, but since nobody has answered, I though I will handle the problem. First I though it is an impossible mission, but as you will see, it is not really hard to repair it thanks to its poor built quality.
Since I work in an SMT factory, I could make pictures from the inside of the bad earpiece with an X-ray inspectioni machine without opening the case up. Here are the two pictures:

On the bottom of the picture dyou can see the connector and on the top there is the balanced armature driver. If you take a closer look you can see the broken cable on the connector.
After this I take the case apart with a screwdriver and a sharp blade. Fortunately nothing has been damaged, so after soldering, and with some epoxi the case has been assembled without any damage and of course it is working (again). If you want more pictures of the repair I will upload it happily, but they are on my phone and it is a bit tricky to get them to my PC. I hope you enjoyed it.

PS.: Yes, the earphone was strengthened to a multi-layer PCB to get into the machine with the conveyor.

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Here is two picture of the dissection. First I removed the metal ring which can be seen on the first picture and next the shiny part which can be also seen on the first picture. The next step was to take the case apart with a sharp blade and I got the dissected earphone which can be seen on the second picture. I hope you like it.

The first picture with the metal ring and the shiny cover:

The dissected earphone:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back