DIY Sennheiser Upgrade Cables?
Dec 11, 2002 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bobes

Head-Fier
Has anyone made an attempt to upgrade their Sennheiser cables themselves? Theopretically it shopuld be fairly easy and since I have a bunch of Canare cable laying around, I should be able to do this cheaply. The difficulty that I see it in finding the clips that insert into the headphones. Does anyone know where these could be purchased? They are not listed on the Cardas Audio website but they brag that they carry many connectors not pictured, so a phonecall is in short order. However if anyone has another online source and could share the link, I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone knows the specific part number for which I search, could you please share that information as it could expidite my search.
Thanks
Bobes

Dec 22, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 7
There was one post here called the Barney or something like that, the guy who did it try with the magenta or violet canare, try to find it I was looking for it to post the link but I was not able to find it....

Dec 22, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 7
As far as I know the major limiting factors is in the connectors which no one seems to be able to get a hold of. This means that the only option is taking them off of replacement cords... which is done sometimes.

Good luck... I plan on doing something similar in a few months. (Need to break in and enjoy my stock HD580s first)

Dec 23, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 7
If anyone can get me the stock HD-600 plugs, i'd be more than happy to build them a cable for cost. I've got a cable design for my 931's made up, i just need to get a driver problem fixed under warranty before i attach it though

Dec 24, 2002 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 7
HD600 DIY cable saga continue...

NO plug sorry,
Possible Cardas could kindly mold his plug to your cables if you post it to them.
Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2002 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 7
I emailed Cardas the other day regarding my desire to purchase these connectors. They emailed me back, very quickly, and informed me that the Sennheiser connectors are molded directly onto the cables and are therefore not available for indiviual sale.
To further the thread though, has anyone seen mono connectors of similar size to the indivual pins? I am away from my Senns at the moment so I cannot measure the pin diameter and legnth. Are there substitute products that anyone could recommend?
Bobes

Dec 30, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 7
Why not sending them your finished cable to see if they could add the plugs to the cable, for any charge I think it worth considering the price of the Cardas cable 140.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back