DIY/Red Wine Audio Mod Reliability
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

neosoul

Formerly known as marvelousmarvyd
Sorry if this question has already been asked but I was wondering for those of you that have modded or had your Ipod modded have you had any reliability issues? In other words has the mod held up over time? I'm strongly considering this mod since amps have slimmed down considerably. I'm looking to upgrade my Ipod and headphones in the near future so any feedback on the Ipod mods mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 6
I had a 4th gen iPod (photo) and sent it in to Vinnie at Red Wine to be iModded & the battery swapped out in February '07. Since then I have used it regularly and have experienced no problems.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 6
DIYMOD still going strong 12 months and counting; i've opened it and fiddled several times and only ever had to replace a HD ribbon cable due to repeated connection and disconnections. only problems I have had have been unrelated to mods and only on old players

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 6
4th Gen. iMod done by Vinnie in May '06 and never had a problem in countless hours of use.

Vinnie is not only reliable, but also a very highly customer-oriented businessman. One of the best on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back