DIY psu layout looks like a ?
Feb 25, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1abrams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Small suggestion for your output wiring since they are in the middle of the boards it may be better to wire them on the underside of the board. Less obstacles for them to route around and with those heatsinks you should have plenty of clearance to put the terminals on the underside of the boards.

Thanks m1abrams, I haven’t ruled this out! I decide closer down the track which way I go.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #32 of 44
I got the chassis this week and did a physical layout, later this weekend I’ll do 100% print outs of the front, back and base panels to check all cutouts are spot on. The SumR tramsformers are smaller than the drawn layout so I’ve moved them slightly towards the centre to clear the bolts away from the vent holes on the base.

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #33 of 44
Looks great John!
Have you assembled the slimline yet?

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks great John!
Have you assembled the slimline yet?

Of course!

Here’s a sneak preview, of the beginnings of my EHHA speaker/Headphone amp.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOLZ at the wiring reminds me of this YouTube - SuperBad-Dick Drawings :p

That’s the best Movie! Bloody funny.
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #37 of 44
If there was ever a floor to be wiped you're doin it =)
That looks really sweet!

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #38 of 44
Some more updates, here’s my latest layout, I’ve changed things around a little and have gone back to SpeakOn connectors instead on the PowerCons.
I’ve left space for a third transformer for auxiliary AC supply if needed, not essential now but could come in very handy, hence the SpeakOns will now leave me 10 vacant poles, for future builds!

Yesterday I dropped the panels off for my local engraving shop to do there stuff. The back panel LEDS are adding a lot to the price, as a custom cnc tool is required for a 1.5mm hole, in true Head-Fi spirit I thought screw my wallet...

The panels should be ready by next weekend! So I’ll have some more photo’s in a week or so.

Here’s what the final file looked like:

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #40 of 44
Here’s my panels, not the greatest job, there’s major scuffing and scratches, mainly on the internal sides though. Anyway, I shall not be using that company again.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #41 of 44
The front looks great, but yeah, the back is pretty scuffed. I'd be unhappy
frown.gif

FWIW, FPE stuff is often scuffed on the insides, but has been perfect on the outsides for me.

Apr 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #42 of 44
Yeah, definitely going to investigate FPE for the amp chassis, now that their software is mac compatible
biggrin.gif

After putting the panel components into place the job does not seem so bad, the hole edges are much smoother (cnc milled) than laser-cutting and do not have that white powered edging you get from the laser.
But there’s some kinks and chips around some of the edges from clamping the panels down I presume, if the hole edging was exposed that would of really pissed me.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious, how are you attaching the heatsink/o22 assembly to the chassis?

Thanks Horio, see post 37, bottom pic with magenta holes. The 16 holes at the bottom are where the heatsink and σ22 assembly bolt through to the chassis, via stands-offs. The 4 outer holes on each side bolt through the FET’s, heatsink flange and σ22 board straight through to the chassis. The assembly may need further bracketing though, it depends how secure this all is once in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back