DIY parts suppliers in Vancouver, B.C.?
Jan 5, 2004 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Demolition

1000+ Head-Fier
Could someone point me to a brick-and-mortar store in Vancouver, B.C., Canada (or elsewhere in the Lower Mainland area), that carries quality DIY parts (e.g. Cardas, WBT, Canare, Switchcraft, etc.)?? I know of out-of-province suppliers (such as Take Five Audio) but would rather shop locally so that I don't have to wait for parts to ship.

Up to now, I've bought average-quality parts from various places (RP Electronics, Future-Active, etc.), but would like to move up in the world, so to speak.
wink.gif

Thanks,

D.

Jan 5, 2004 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't believe there are any.

there's supposed to be a kiwame distributor in vancouver, but he never replied to my emails. I myself get most of my `audiophile-approved` parts from partsconnexion 'cause they have a greater selection and better prices. yah, you have to wait, but patience is a virtue worth cultivating (omg, I just reinvented a cliche!).

Jan 5, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by zzz
I don't believe there are any.

I was kind of worried someone would say that.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by zzz
I myself get most of my `audiophile-approved` parts from partsconnexion 'cause they have a greater selection and better prices. yah, you have to wait, but patience is a virtue worth cultivating (omg, I just reinvented a cliche!).

Parts ConneXion was one of the other Canadian suppliers that I'd heard of. They're in Toronto, I believe?

I've never dealt with them before, but assuming that you've had good experiences with them, then I'll give them a try.

Quote:

Originally posted by augustwest
If you ever make it down to Seattle, you might try "Radar Electronics".

That's something that I'll keep in mind. Seattle is only a two hour drive South of here, so it's more "local" to me than Toronto.
wink.gif

Thanks,

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back