DIY K702 Dual entry Nucleotide cable
Mar 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mmayer167

500+ Head-Fier
well here are the pictures finally. I apologize for the fuzziness of some of them but its the best i could do wiring these up without jeopardizing the projects success... overall it was just stressful haha. i thought it turned out quite nicely aesthetically
k701smile.gif
the matching caps on each side really help. it'l be a little bit b4 i comment on the cables sound signature but i really like it so far! nice and tight with a touch of a warmth. any questions just post them and i'll check the thread daily to answer any. happy listening everybody.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 10
Nice.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 10
Looking good! They look not too hard to recable once they are stripped. You should remove the heatshrink at the y-split imo. It will look better and it will be more flexible.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 10
i might heed your advice in the near future but for remembering which cables were for which driver the red and blue heatshrink helped when soldering the right cable to the right driver
redface.gif
the cable is really flexible as it is now, great stuff! i just hope myn doesnt turn green
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 10
All good things must come to an end eventually.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmayer167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just hope myn doesnt turn green
confused_face_2.gif

Someone suggested putting some epoxy over the ends of the PE jacket to seal it off. That's what I did so hopefully it will help prevent the wire from going green.

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 10
^ are you going to try anything different when you get your new driver when soldering? what happens if you fry another one???
frown.gif
i dont have much advice other than practice with different temps... and make sure you havent had any caffeine that day or alcohol, and make sure your not tired. thats all ive got...

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #9 of 10
I think soldering the new driver should go much smoother. The real problem was getting the old wire off, as it had a huge glob of solder on it. I had the hardest time getting if free, and probably hit it with too much heat. I won't have to hit the new clean driver pin with too much heat to create the new connection. Maybe I'll throw a little flux on there for good measure.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 10
About to recable a pair of k601. From looking at the inside of them so far, it looks like everything is identical to k702/701. Anyone know if the wire over the headband can be rerun. Would it be difficult?  I would almost rather do that than drill holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back