DIY is gonna be the end of me...
Feb 10, 2004 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

brschmid

500+ Head-Fier
i have spent so much money in the past week, then i decide to build a new amp. sure not a really expensive amp, but the most expensive one i have ever built, a Hybrid Tube amp

i haven't bought everything yet, and i have already spent around 160.00
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 7
I know what you mean, brschmid. I have to try not to DIY too often, because DIY is definately not about saving money. It is addictive, that's for sure. I am really trying to tell myself I don't need a PPA...I don't need a PPA...really...
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm in the middle of a slump right now where I haven't had much of an urge to build anything. Over the years, I've saved a fair bit of money by DIYing (on everything -- cars/trucks, house, computers, audio equipment, etc.). Normally, I'd begin a new phase of DIYing whenever I was paid for a contract. Well, I'm receiving payment on a job this week, but this time I don't have the urge to spend it on headphones, amps, DIY parts, or anything else audio-related.

I guess this is a good thing, in terms of my finances, so I probably shouldn't be complaining.
tongue.gif

D.

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 7
yes , you are doomed forever man !

Now all you have to do is move a workbench into an unused room , install GFIs in place of the wall outlet , hook up your main online computer and lock the damn door .

when parts arrive have someone slide them under the door , maybe some food at times too , and stay in there until you build amp after amp after amp after........................

wink.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
yes , you are doomed forever man !

Now all you have to do is move a workbench into an unused room , install GFIs in place of the wall outlet , hook up your main online computer and lock the damn door .

when parts arrive have someone slide them under the door , maybe some food at times too , and stay in there until you build amp after amp after amp after........................

wink.gif

ok, it isnt quite that bad.

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #7 of 7
At least I don't have to order stuff online since I can buy almost everything at the local stores. On the other hand this instant gratification means I end up looking for things to build, I'm trying to tell myself I don't need to build the Gilmore "Dyna-hi" amp since I already have 2 "Dyna-lo" amps...but since I found & built up an PSU kit it's getting harder to resist....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back