DIY iPod Lightning LOD
Jan 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dgcrane

100+ Head-Fier
So I got tired of the length of the standard OEM Lightning cable using it with my iPod 5th gen and my Fostex HP-P1. I cut it up, soldered it and put it back together :)  It certainly doesn't look like a true pro job, but works exactly how I wanted it to and it didn't cost me $100. This was probably covered here before, but I was proud of myself for it actually working after I was done with it LOL.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:
So I got tired of the length of the standard OEM Lightning cable using it with my iPod 5th gen and my Fostex HP-P1. I cut it up, soldered it and put it back together :)  It certainly doesn't look like a true pro job, but works exactly how I wanted it to and it didn't cost me $100. This was probably covered here before, but I was proud of myself for it actually working after I was done with it LOL.

You mean iPhone.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
It is visible in FLAC player, but does not have any impact on the volume.... That's the only music app I have ever used.

Ah ok, same as my ipod touch 4G and iphone 4 with the Fostex.

Strangely my iphone 3 or 3G on earlier OS doesnt show a volume bar, neither do my portable amps(iphone/ipod).

How about on the stock ipod player?

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
Dunno... I don't have any mp3's
smily_headphones1.gif

ALAC? 
size]

iphone4 - Accudio app(ATH-ESW9 reference setting)>Qusp custom LOD>Fostex hp_p1 (low gain/filter 2).

FLAC/ALAC + 3%mp3.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Really nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back