DIY iPhone headset with v-moda vibe
Jul 9, 2007 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shinew

100+ Head-Fier
ugly? maybe.
better than stock headset & v-moda vibe duo? i think so
smily_headphones1.gif

vmoda_mod.jpg

This is my first pair of v-moda headphones, bought them because of all the good reviews & cheap price. To me it's waaaay too bassy right out of the box, I would give it a 2.5-3/5 rating. I don't know if I have the 2nd gen or 1st gen, people say the 1st gen is supposed to be less bassy. In any case, the bass on mine was so dominant that about 70% of what I heard was bass...

However, with some EQ(i used "Bass Reducer" on my iphone's ipod setting), it sounds quite decent(4/5), although I wouldn't put them in the same league as the er4.

my 2c, any other iphone users in the forum?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't have any heatshrink at home. so I used a thin layer of acid free scotch tape wrapped around some grey polyester threads, then applied tiny bit of glue on the surface. It feels pretty rigid & durable.

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 6
i personally would have used the original ipod headphone connector. and put that onto the v-moda cable, instead of putting the v-modas on the "ibud" cable.

still a step in a better direction, i like it.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i personally would have used the original ipod headphone connector. and put that onto the v-moda cable, instead of putting the v-modas on the "ibud" cable.

still a step in a better direction, i like it.

it wouldn't work because there're 2 more wires embeded in the iphone cable than the v-moda one for the mic & click button. Besides, v-moda cable is not known for their durability anyway... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back