DIY Impediancer
Mar 26, 2004 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mahkook

100+ Head-Fier
So I have been searching on the for sale forums for almost a month now in hopes of getting my hands on a used RKV impedancer without any luck. One person pointed me at the option of making a DIY impedinacer that goes in line between the amp and cans. Problem is that I don't have the ability with gear to make such a thing...

So first question, could anyone help me design an impedancer to match an ATH-W1000's to an RKV amp?

Second question is, is there anyone out there that does comissioned work and does it real good? Could someone point me to the person to ask that would be willing to help out and build me something I could be proud to add to my system?

Your help is greatly appreciated as my W1000's are sitting collecting dust until I find some kind of solution to this delima!

Thanks much!
Mahkook

Jun 5, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 6
no replies?

Jun 5, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 6
(I hate to see a thread with no replies.) The impedancer was needed for low impedance phones that are under 100 ohms. I am not sure if it was transformer based or just a series resistor.

I believe Antique Sound Labs has a transformer based dveice that would be similer and it would be worth sending an e-mail and ask about compatibility with your amp.

here it is-
http://www.divertech.com/aqreferencetools.html

The USA dealer is Divertech-
http://www.divertech.com/antiquesl.html

Jun 6, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 6
how would this work to change a high output headphone out from a amplifier? There is only an RCA in

Jun 6, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 6
It's mainly an issue of voltage/current/impedance relationships, that can be solved with a transformer.

To get the same power output from an amp-
High impedance phones need higher voltage, but the current will be lower.
Low impedance phones need lower voltages, but at a higher current.

Ohm's Law in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back