diy headphone stand
Jan 23, 2006 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

wang228

100+ Head-Fier
A couple headfi members have asked me about my headphone stand shown in my avartar, so i feel this thread might benefit to more fellow headfiers on the cheap looking for an affordable headphone hanger. Perhaps, this thread should be in the diy section. Mod.. feel free to move it as you feel appropriate.

The hanger was assembled from galvanized metal tubes/joints/base you can regularly find in a hardward store. All you need to make one is screwing things together. I paid a full ransom of $15 for parts and a few minutes to clean and assemble the whole thing. I got the idea while i was browing in an Urban Outfitter shop sometime ago where they had clothes stands made of these tubes. Mine has a rather small base as it was the only one i could find at HomeDepot near home, but the stand as a whole is still surprisingly stable due to the hefty weight.

Here's a picture of the hanger
headphone%20hanger.JPG

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 25
Hey that looks pretty good! Well, it's off to Home Depot for me!

That base looks kind of small, though - do you have any problems with it tipping over?

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228
Mine has a rather small base as it was the only one i could find at HomeDepot near home, but the stand as a whole is still surprisingly stable due to the hefty weight.

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20

oops... my bad for reading too rapidly through the post! Thanks..

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 25
Very cool... with those holes in the base you could always bolt it in as well.
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Very cool... with those holes in the base you could always bolt it in as well.
wink.gif

indeed, it'd be a little harder if you use a fancy marble table though
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 25
woaw... off topic, where did you get the pad for your K240 jbloudg20? I much prefer the feel of a HD650 like pad over the pads that came with K240/K340.

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
Thats one cool looking stand. Very industrial look.
tongue.gif

thanks
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 25
That's a cool looking stand. If you don't like how small the base is, you could always add a bigger base to it. Something like a stained hardwood base that the stand is bolted to would look pretty cool.

I also like the banana stand makeshift headphone stand too Jbloudg20.

Nice pics!

Jan 23, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228
A couple headfi members have asked me about my headphone stand shown in my avartar, so i feel this thread might benefit to more fellow headfiers on the cheap looking for an affordable headphone hanger. Perhaps, this thread should be in the diy section. Mod.. feel free to move it as you feel appropriate.

The hanger was assembled from galvanized metal tubes/joints/base you can regularly find in a hardward store. All you need to make one is screwing things together. I paid a full ransom of $15 for parts and a few minutes to clean and assemble the whole thing. I got the idea while i was browing in an Urban Outfitter shop sometime ago where they had clothes stands made of these tubes. Mine has a rather small base as it was the only one i could find at HomeDepot near home, but the stand as a whole is still surprisingly stable due to the hefty weight.

Here's a picture of the hanger
headphone%20hanger.JPG

Where are the Bose triports and/or Quiet comfort 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back