DIY Headphone measuring setup
Feb 17, 2021 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Shoebill

New Head-Fier
Hi, I only recently joined this forum because I want to make my own headphone from scratch. I've just finished the design for a DIY headphone measuring setup that you can 3D print.
The silicone ear part is made with a mould consisting of 3 pieces that fit together. the cavity inside can be filled with two component silicone rubber, left to set, the plastic removed and then you have the rubber ear.
I'ts made to work with an ECM8000 measurement microphone. I'll be testing out the design the comming week, let me know if anyone is interested in it so I can post the design somewhere so you can download it.

Just a little explanation about the design, I made the outside of it in the shape of a head to also account for leakage of ill fitting earpads because the flat design of for instance a grass 43AG favors flat earpads that don't actually form to the shape of a human head.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG

(Also sorry if I posted this on the wrong place, this is my first post)

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Looks great, but try to contact Purrin. You might try looking him up on another headphone forum, if you can't get a response from him here. :wink:

Point being, I believe he's been working on headphone measurement interfaces for more than a decade, if not longer.

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 3
I am so here for this. I’m excited to see your test results!

I’ve been really interested in building a measurement rig so please keep this thread updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back