DIY Headphone case/bag?
Jun 29, 2001 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

legoman

100+ Head-Fier
While it is no problem to find a protective shell for my TA & portables (airbag etc.), I am always wondering how to adequately protect my precious AKG K501s. Does anyone here have any experiences with DIY headphone cases or bags? Or is ist just simpler to go with the pelican case as suggested by jude in another thread ("Are my Grado RS-1's safe to haul around?")?

Thanks,
Legoman

Jun 29, 2001 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by legoman
While it is no problem to find a protective shell for my TA & portables (airbag etc.), I am always wondering how to adequately protect my precious AKG K501s. Does anyone here have any experiences with DIY headphone cases or bags? Or is ist just simpler to go with the pelican case as suggested by jude in another thread ("Are my Grado RS-1's safe to haul around?")?

Thanks,
Legoman

Legoman,

If you want to be able to put your headphones in a case, carry them around, and pretty much not worry about them, Pelican is a great way to go. Even if ZERO Halliburton makes an aluminum case that would accomodate my headphones, I'd still choose the Pelican, as I'd guess it's quite a bit stronger, and certainly more water resistant than the construction ZH uses (I have a ZERO Halliburton briefcase, so I'm not just pulling these comments out of my butt).

If it's mostly just to store at home or the office, then something less robust would probably do.

Jun 29, 2001 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
I think the best thing to do is go to a Camera shop and buy one of those camera bag or aluminium case. The foam can be cut out easily with a sharp knife and they are much cheaper then pelican cases and it's in aluminium.

I personally have a black one for my camera (I don't take the Senn 580 anywhere) but it's big enough to any headphoness if it needs to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back