DIY Headphone Amp options
May 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sonzaisuru

New Head-Fier
Hi

I was looking to make a new headphone amp for myself but found that tangents part shop is no longer running so I was wondering what my options are for getting a printed board for the PIMETA v2 or similar headphone amp. I am not locked on that particular one but want something better than the cmoy I have been using. I have experience in DIY electronics but would prefer a printed board since I won't be able to do it all in name go and don't want to get lost on a blank board. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can get the board? It would be driving Shure 1440s primarily but sometimes 840s.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sean

May 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 8
How about one of AMB's amps? The Mini^3 or M^3 might suit you. There's also the O2 which is a pretty straightforward build, and there are some nice tube amps over at Beezar. Are you looking for anything in particular?

May 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 8
Some AMB kits are available on glassjaraudio.com I think is the site. Its usually easier to just buy a kit than to source parts, although most DIY amps you have to source via digikey and stuff. But check out the site for kits

May 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 8
Yeah Digikey is awesome. I had to use mouser recently because Digikey didn't carry the Schottky Diodes I needed and that was equally efficient, Maybe even better since their website is nicer.

Happy building!

May 21, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #8 of 8
How about one of AMB's amps? The Mini^3 or M^3 might suit you.

I built a Mini^3 a few years ago and find it very enjoyable. It was my first SMD build, but it went together very well. I paired mine with a Grub DAC, but that was before the Carrie was available. I think I actually have all the parts for a Carrie kicking around here somewhere. I wonder where I put them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back