DIY Fit Adjustment
Jun 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Epanoui

New Head-Fier
I just received my JH-16's in the mail. And they sound great.

One problem on the fit though is that they go too far up in my canal. They ends of each one is actually pressing on the end of my canal before the rest of the monitor hits my ear. So basically even just touching them with one finger is really really painful because it's jamming it into the end of my canal.

So question, I can tell that if I were to shave just a few mm off the end of each one, they'd be perfect. Is this something I could just do myself with a dremel? Has anyone done anything similar? Will it void a warranty?

I've thought about sending them back and asking them to adjust them, but my order took over a month to fulfill, so I'm really no keen on the idea of sending them out and going another month without my IEM's.

And just to clarify, I've had plenty of IEMs before, so I know how the fit should feel, it's just these are just slightly too long.

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I'd send them back. Too small is one thing, a little nail polish can help with that, but too big is something that they'd be best fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back