May 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #46 of 89
May 22, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #48 of 89
Quote:

deadhorse.gif
you will lose your hearing.

May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #50 of 89
Quote:
Quote:
your in medical school right now.... I don't know how you have time to be on the internet LOL!

I guess I'm just extremely intelligent. Or extremely lazy. I'd bet on the latter. And med school isn't too bad over here (Sweden), heard it's supposed to be a lot harder in the US.

In the U.S. Its basically Studying from 6AM-10PM monday through friday.  Then it becomes 10AM-10PM... 

May 23, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #51 of 89
Wow. Here we even get to have a life. :) Maybe that sets us back regarding medical knowledge and special skills but I think it makes us better human beings. Having no life makes it hard to be humane. Anyway. I'll probably pass on making the moulds. The hysterical upgradeitis won't get the best of me, saving up to a cheap set of customs seems like a better idea.

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #52 of 89
In fact it's not that risky.

Just take a small portion of the mould putty and try it before inserting in your ears to see if it cures like it should. If yes, just remember not to go too deep and you'll be fine.

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #54 of 89
Well, I decided to try this process.

First I've done what I said here some time ago. Took a little part of both compounds, mixed together and let it cure on my earshell. It never firmed up.

I contacted the vendor and the answer was: For some reason it will never firm up if you mix a little part. You really have to mix the whole thing together.

So, I want to make one thing clear: The material is VERY consistent. The idea of it slipping inside your ear and getting to your eardrum is nonsense. It will never happen. It is so consistent that even if you try to push the thing in, pressure won't allow it to go further. The only way it can go to your eardrum is if you mold it pointy and insert it into your earcanal like a retard.

My first earmold is ready, it is a very hard rubber after cured. Only 15 minutes to cure. 

The little part I tried before never cured, it is still a putty, can be molded and ripped. But when I mixed the whole thing up, it went fine as it should.

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #55 of 89
so let me understand this. Spend whatever amount of money and hope to god that it works and not lose your hearing? Are you guys that cheap??

I paid a WHOPPING $50 to an Audiologist to get my molds done! $50! that is 10 fufu coffee drinks!!

My ears are odd in that the canal buldges in the middle or put another way, the ear opening is SMALLER than the inner ear canal.... needless to say it took some effort on the part of the audiologist to take the molds out. Lots of chewing, steadyy pulling and tears from my part and it came out. Why tears, basically it was putting a suction on my ear drums as the mold was being pulled. yeah. Not something I would have liked to encounter DIY.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #56 of 89
Quote:
so let me understand this. Spend whatever amount of money and hope to god that it works and not lose your hearing? Are you guys that cheap??

In fact that's just what some crazy people here wants other people to believe...

I really think there's no risk. But you obviously can't (note, I say can't, not shouldn't) go deep. The insertion will be shallow.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #57 of 89
Quote:

In fact that's just what some crazy people here wants other people to believe...

I really think there's no risk. But you obviously can't (note, I say can't, not shouldn't) go deep. The insertion will be shallow.

shallow insertion?

not for anything but JH audio, UE, UM etc needs an impression up to the 2nd bend. DOing it shallow will get the impressions not done.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #58 of 89
Quote:
shallow insertion?

not for anything but JH audio, UE, UM etc needs an impression up to the 2nd bend. DOing it shallow will get the impressions not done.

Well, it will be shallow, you can't go that deep due to air pressure and the way you fill your ear with the putty.

I don't see this as a problem since even not being that deep my moulds seal and block noise better than almost everything I tried so far. I don't have customs but I have or had or tried a good amount of universals.

If you're going to make professional customs you should find an audiologist and make proper ear impressions.

If you want to have DIY fun maybe creating your own crazy customs, this kind of putty will be a great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back