DIY Corda HA-1 finished
Jan 20, 2002 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

kai_yip

New Head-Fier
finalamp.jpg

Here is my DIY Corda HA-1!

I just use cheap capacitors(except the 4 rubycon capacitors) in the power supply part. For signal part, I use WIMA WKP capacitors and Alps potentiometers.

The sound come out is wonderful
tongue.gif

I want to thank Jan for designing this amp and giving me advices on this amp and tangent for answering my questions.

Now I have to burn-in my amp to see any enhancement made

Bye
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2002 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 17
Kai, looks like you're having trouble with your free hosting, because the images aren't showing up. Email them to me and I'll host them on my site for you, kay? (I wanna see that amp, bad! )
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 17
the image works,just wait for it to load (~300K). Also you can copy and past the url

Jan 20, 2002 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 17
I've reloaded the page three times now, and I'm getting "broken link" symbols and "image hosted by Tripod" which probably means they're throttling output from their servers. It isn't a matter of waiting for it to load -- I can tell when my browser has finished loading the page. I use Netscape, which does this right -- IE often stops its throbber despite the fact that it's still waiting for bits of the page to finish downloading. Also, I've got network link monitors running, so I can watch throughput in either direction. Trust me, I'm not getting images reliably from that server.

Jan 21, 2002 at 11:44 AM Post #7 of 17
Did some resizing, and uploaded the image to headfi.

For the full image: copy paste to your address bar.
tripod does not allow direct linking to files from another page. So if copy/pasting doesnt work: do it two times (the second time you will come from a tripod site, so it will show up. Or first type: about:blank and then paste the url. Because you will come from "nowhere" the image will show.

Jan 21, 2002 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 17
Thanks for resizing my image. (If possible, can anyone post my amp image on this forum? I am quite unfamiliar with the scripts)

I use EMI filter and thick copper wire(only 1 thick copper inside) in order to minimize signal distortion

Here is the PCB(simplified version)
pcb.jpg

(Hope this work...)

Now I have tested the crossfeed. The difference between no and high crossfeed is very obvious. What I usually use is low crossfeed. Although the effect can hardly be noticed, I just feel the music become more natural

Jan 27, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 17
what´s going wrong here?
i still can´t see the layout.
just a lil bmp-file from tripod.
still would like to see cause i wonder how you got the lm6171´s working without a "pro"-PCB board.
thanks for hints

Jan 27, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #13 of 17
joensd, try copying kai_yip's links, then pasting them in the URL box of your brower to load the image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back