Ditching my Classic for another source Help!!!
Feb 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ERNEST T

100+ Head-Fier
I am not happy with my Line out classic and have decided to get another source. I am pleased with my PC>Bithead>SRH 840 home set up. It will let me have a user defined Eq. I am sensitive to very high tones. Is there a DAP that would give me as good a sound as my home computer setup or should I just look for a cheap laptop off ebay. I really like the portabally and battery life of a DAP but the Ipod is just to antilical and I need something warmer with the highs rolled off a bit. Thanks for any help. Trent

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 15
Samsung P3, Archos 5.......

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sefu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Archos players have a pretty low volume out.
How about the Cowon iAudio D2+ or the Cowon S9.
The Cowon players generally get a pretty good rep in terms of sound quality and output

so you havent heard the cowon players?

I would not suggest the cowon d2+ if you want a warmer player. To my ears they are more of an analytical player and have a bass roll off. I can't compare it to an ipod since its been years since I heard an ipod.

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 15
I use them on a daily basis and also own a Archos player. I enjoy both players and probably can't pick between the 2 which is better but I know the Archos has a lower volume.

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 15
fair enough. your previous post made it seem like you didn't own them and just going off what others are saying. i think that's a bit of an annoyance when people do that but that apparently isnt you. my apologizes then. anyway back on topic.

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 15
Sansa Fuze. If you order the 8GB refurb off of TigerDirect, it's the V1 that you can rockbox. I love it.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #12 of 15
iRiver H300 series, Cowon X5L, Sony X series walkmen and Toshiba DAPs...........

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 15
the S639 is a pretty good deal right about now. ~100 for 16gb player. If it had a memory slot that would be absolutely perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back